Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Dialing SIP URI

Discussion in 'Windows' started by poynter.net, Nov 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poynter.net

3cx phone 12 SP2, account logged in OK.

Everytime I try a call a SIP URI, it removes all punctuation e.g. 101@poynter.net -> 101@poynternet, sip:101@poynter.net -> sip101@poynter.net

The call obviously fails. What do I need to do to call SIP URI's?

Thanks

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3CX phones are designed to register, and send digits to a single provider, at a time. There have been requests in the past, for the ability to send direct SIP calls to an IP or URL, but, so far, that has not happened. Previous 3CX phone releases were designed to work with other VoIP providers, unlike recent releases that are PBX version specific. I suspect that there is now little chance that dialling a direct SIP call will be forthcoming.

If the phone is connected to a 3CX PBX, then that option is possible, but not on a random (URL) basis.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.