• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Dialling from MS Access (Only for Snom Phones)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnoguera

Reaction score
If you would like to dial the phone numbers stored in a MS Access Form, you can use the attached code.

In my opinion is easier than using 3CX Voip Client + TAPI + TAPI code in MS Access.

It works only for Snom phones.

The version I attached has been streamlined for clarity. The production version is much longer, with a few improvements:
-Dialing only takes place if "Shift" is pressed, to prevent dialling by error.
-IP adress of the user Snom phone is not hardcoded, but retrieved from a file.
-Includes simple error handling.

If somebody is interested I can post it also.

'This function dials the number stored in the MS Access current field by Double Clicking it.
'
'Prerequisites:
'Make a Reference (in Visual Basic editor) to "Microsoft XML"
'Edit your Access Forms, and write "=fgt_simple_dial()" in the Properties Windows of the Field, in the "On DoubleClick" Row

Public Function fgt_simple_dial()

Dim sURL As String 'URL that the Snom phone will be requested to show

'Snom phones will dial automatically when asked to show a certain URL from the web interface...

'define the URL to be opened..
'Please note the IP adress of the Snom User's phone is hardcoded here...
sURL = "http://" & "192.168.1.114" & "/index.htm?number=" & "0" & Screen.ActiveControl.OldValue

'Send http request to the phone..
Dim HttpReq As New MSXML2.XMLHTTP40

HttpReq.Open "GET", sURL, False
HttpReq.send

End Function

Hi!

Anyone knows if snom M3 provide URL dialing too?

Thanks very much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.