• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Dialling while showing remote party ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

marefaat

Reaction score
Hi,

I am trying to use a Cisco 7942 with 3CX, it is working quite well with all features needed except that when I dial, I can only see To:"Remote_SIP_Extension" with no remote party ID/Name.

In previous used Cisco CME, we used to have the called_ID shown while dialing.

Anyone have a clue, how can this be accomplished on 3CX ??

As far as I'm aware, the remote parties name, or other identifiers (other than that number you are actually dialling), will only show if there is a match in the internal directory of the set. This works in the same manner as dialling from a mobile phone. Previously, the set you were using, may have had an internal directory downloaded to it, or there may have been some Cisco proprietary feature in play.

It's not a special Cisco feature, this have been available in Astersik with it's different flavors for a while now.

This feature depends on the PBX ability to send certain header (RPID which stands for Remote Party ID) within the Sip package, the phone gets it and displays the ID.

3CX has the ability to send/forward this header, but I can see it only on the part of Voip providers.

Anyone can add to this info ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmirLD
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.