• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DialNow settings ignored when provisioning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil Bate

Reaction score
I've not been able to pass dialnow dial plan settings to the phone using autoprovisioning. The handsets are Yealink T46G (latest firmware) on a new installation of 3CX v15, and I am simply trying to enable instant dialling for our internal numbers (3xx).

I copied the default Yealink T4x template to a custom version and tried the two methods I found in the guides and other posts on here - first by specifying the dialnow values in the # Dial Plan # section, and then by pointing the phone to DialNow.xml in the # Local Contact/DST Time/Dialnow Rule/Replace Rule # section.

In both cases the handset does not pick up the settings, confirmed by checking its event log which mentions neither. So I turned my attention to the .cfg file presented to it - I searched the file using notepad for "3xx" and "DialNow.xml" but neither are present, nor any other term for dialnow apart from the setting that controls the delay which is set to "1".
The handset is receiving other customisations from the template however.

It seems 3CX is just not building these sections into the cfg file, and so the handset is none the wiser.

Is there anything I can check/test? I have 60+ handsets to provision so would like to do this automatically.

Thanks
Phil

So with some further investigation I found the following:

The dialnow settings are not included in the [mac_address].cfg file built from the custom template, but are in the common config file (y000000000028.cfg for the T46G).

I can't find the config files on the hard disk so presume they are either obfuscated or generated on the fly. The only way I can effect any changes to the common config file is to manually edit the built-in template "yealinkT4x.ph.xml" located in "c:\programdata\3CX\Data\Http\Templates\phones" (not the copy in the Instance1 folder) - which the documentation advises against and the web interface prevents you from doing. If I un-comment the following line in this template it becomes active in the common config file:

Code:
dialplan_dialnow.url = %%PROVLINK%%/DialNow.xml

and the handset picks up the dialnow.xml file from the provisioning folder. I will just have to be careful when installing new template updates.

My installation has been set up meticulously from scratch (for the third time, after two tests) and following the documentation, so it seems there may be a hole in the logic here.

Also look out for the section in the template that specifies which common config file to use as it goes by model name and not "model ua". I had changed the name to "Yealink T46 Custom" to distinguish it in the list as per another post I had read, but this meant 3CX failed to match the correct file:

Code:
<model ua="SIP-T46G">Yealink T46 Custom</model>

Code:
      <deviceconfig filename="y000000000029.cfg">
        <filename>
		  <model name="Yealink T19P E2" filename="y000000000031.cfg" />
		  <model name="Yealink T21P E2" filename="y000000000052.cfg" />
		  <model name="Yealink T27P" filename="y000000000045.cfg" />
		  <model name="Yealink T29G" filename="y000000000046.cfg" />
		  <model name="Yealink T23P" filename="y000000000044.cfg" />
		  <model name="Yealink T23G" filename="y000000000044.cfg" />
		  <model name="Yealink T40P" filename="y000000000054.cfg" />
		  <model name="Yealink T41" filename="y000000000036.cfg" />
		  <model name="Yealink T42" filename="y000000000029.cfg" />
		  <model name="Yealink T46" filename="y000000000028.cfg" />
		  <model name="Yealink T48" filename="y000000000035.cfg" />
        </filename><![CDATA[#!version:1.0.0.1

As it didn't match 3CX was presenting the file in "deviceconfig filename" as a default instead.

Make sure 3CX is presenting the correct files by requesting them from the provisioning URL with a web browser.

Hope that helps save someone else's time if they find themselves in the same predicament.

If it is anything like the dialplan settings/options for the Cisco (79XX) sets, it is a file that is common to(downloaded by), all sets and "constructed" separately, as it is optional.

I know it sounds crazy, but a lot of users are quite happy to hit the "dial" button at the end, or simply wait for the time-out period.

Yes it appears to be a common setting to the series of Yealink models and so is left in the common config file. What baffles me is the lack of ability to modify this - it's only influenced by the built-in template which you are not supposed to edit :S

Thank you for this Phil. We were scratching our heads on this one. Did you ever get any word from support or anyone as to why the system does not pull the dialnow settings from the custom config?

We are seeing the same issue. Unlike leejor, several of my users dislike hitting send or waiting.

Same issue here, really needs fixing as it's causing a problem and manually editing the default templates is really not the way to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.