DID and outgoing Caller-ID on ISDN Switserland

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by schut, Aug 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. schut

Scenario:

I got 1 ISDN-line in our Swiss-branch. It has 2 phone-numbers (MSN numbers) on it, one for the fax and one for the voice-calls, e.g.

Voice Calls: 052 123 00 37
    Fax Calls: 052 123 00 39

Now I want to make sure that on our outgoing voice-calls I send our 052 123 00 37 CallerID with. And with faxes, 052 123 00 39.

Furthermore, when a call is received on our ISDN-line, it should have a DID, depending on the destination.

In what format should:

a) I expect the number from SwissCom? If a call is for 052-123 00 37 do they send the full number? Or last X numbers ? or something else?
    b) How do I send out the Caller-ID. If I want a call to appear as it comes from 052-123 00 37 in what format do I set the "outgoing Caller-ID" ?

Thanks in forward,
    Jos

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you place an outgoing call when using BRI, the number sent can depend on a number of factors depensing on the gateway yyou are using and how your 3Cx trunks are set-up. With BRI you are usually limited (as you've stated) to the two phone numbers, so I'm not sure what you are expecting to show up as a DID, the calls would come in on one "line" or the other. Routing within 3CX should be done based on which trunk the call comes in on.

When placing outgoing calls on a ISDN BRI gateway, there is usually some way of selecting which B channel (number) to use. Either a prefix, or the programming of each channel, as a separate trunk into 3CX.

Listing the make/model of gateway that you are using, may allow someone else, familiar with it, to be of help.

3. schut

Using Patton-4120 (supported by 3CX) which has 2 S0-busses on it. The 3CX-configuration makes 1 Trunk for each S0-bus. Since the 2nd S0-bus will not be used (only got 1x ISDN2 on our office there) the calls for both numbers come in on the same trunk. Same goes for outgoing calls.

I could not find how I can see on which channel the call comes in, perhaps it is an option in the firmware of the Patton-4120 ? I did not see it in the 3CX configuration.. Same goes for outgoing, since it is 1 trunk only.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So, you are paying for one trunk (B channel), but two numbers? If this is the case, then I'm not sure how, with the gateway you are using, to select which number would be displayed to the called party. I'm familiar with the BRI devices having a SPID assigned, causing outgoing calls to display that particular number.

Is there a specific model gateway that is normally used in Switzerland, with this type of service (phone and fax, one channel)? If so then you need to simulate that using the Patton, if possible. Not having used the Patton gateway with BRI ISDN, your best hope is someone on the forum that has.

5. schut

The Patton-4120 makes 1 trunk for a full BRI-line. That means on that one trunk I can run 2 phone-calls. I was hoping I can do everything from inside the 3CX-setup since the Patton-4120 is a supported gateway. However ,it might be necessary to make some additional changes in the setup of the Patton-4120 to do this.

The Patton-4120 is connected on to the BRI line using 1x RJ45 connector. On this BRI I can receive (or send) 2 calls simul.

If customers call the 37 number, I want them to roll in a Ring-group, while if they call the 39 number I want them to go directly to the fax-machine. Since I'm currently not in Switserland, it is kind of hard to test, but I hope what I did will sort it:

I've setup 2 DID/DDI number/mask rules:

*37 ---> roll into ring-group
    *39 ---> roll into fax.

I'm hoping Swisscom sends the DID on the incoming-line and the Patton puts this into 3CX. Anyone who has a similar setup and can test/verify this ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.