DID Automation & Configuration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by xpertech, Oct 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xpertech

Hi,

I'm trying to figure out if there is a way to create a bulk of 2,000 DID numbers through one provider (port) and set them into a specific rule or several rules.
    Does anyone can tell if this is possible? Otherwise the option is to configure it one by one which will take hours...
    Another question I have is: lets say that I would like to have 2 different external IP addresses to be connected into 1 3CX PBX.
    So if I have 2 different DID suppliers, I will be able to send each supplier to a different IP. How this is possible? What should be the configuration in the PBX for that?

Many thanks

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I cant answer the first part as I dont know of a way to do it - I am sure 3cx could give you some pointers though.

For the second part I can answer but need some clarification.

Why do you need to send on different ips? If it is just for multiple providers then you dont have to. But if you need to then it depends on your network configuration and hardware on the network (ie router).

For each provider you register in 3cx and assuming you have a fixed public ip go to the Advance tab of the provider and change the IP for Contact field for registration to Specified IP and put in the public ip you want.

But the only way to change the way out to the provider using 2 different ips is through routing. This is why we need more information about the network.

Is your pbx connected directly to the public network or through a router. Is the router capable of 1 to 1 nat? Are you going out through a single internet connection with multiple public ips (e.g. T1) or through multiple connections (e.g. 2 dsls or 2 T1's).

If you let us know your network set up i can tell you where to do it. But basically in your router you need to tell it that if it is going to ip address for provider1 go out with public ip address 1 if provider 2 then go with ip address 2. But that is in your router not in 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. xpertech

Thanks for the second part.
    What I have is a configuration for 2 different companies running on the same 3CX server.
    So, I need to route each DID provider to a different port for reporting purposes.
    My router supports NAT so I guess I can do that, the only question is whether I will be able to separate between the incoming calls in the reports????

4. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I dont think you do.

Is this just for internal reports? Is it for incoming, outgoing or both?

You have 2 companies on the pbx. So each as a voip provider and dids. And you have inbound rules based on those which goes to a ring group, queue or extension. So you can use the Call Reporter to filter any of those and get the results you want.

For outgoing you use the extensions for a company and run the report.

You can also change settings for the call data records in the Advance settings of 3cx.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. xpertech

OK - Thanks will check that.
    Still looking for someone to help with Automation...
    Do you think it is possible in a way???

6. abc123

abc123 Active Member

There will be a way.

I dont think 3cx will post it in a public forum but they may send you the information. It is going to involve altering some sort of xml file or files. So you will need to be very careful you dont break things (take a full backup first).

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi

2000 did's on the same port are too much and cannot be done at the moment with 3CX.

Do you have 2000 DID's? What is the size of this pbx?

There is a limitation on this too - keep in mind that the pbx has to check and try and match - and eventually match the best out of 2000 entries in a split of a second on every incoming call. It will be a performance hit and will cause a delay. This is why we do not allow it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.