DID/DDI Flexible Mapping

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by cel, Nov 15, 2016.

DID/DDI Flexible Mapping 5 5 5votes
5/5, 5 votes

1. cel

cel

It would be good to have the possibility to create a “flexible” mapping instead of assigning a DDI per user. I think we could set for example a wild card like “XXX” (last 3 digits of the incoming number) and map these to extensions, ring groups or queues. Is there a reason why it must be put fix into the PBX? These setting would make life easier. An additional “?” wildcard could be used to route any unknown DDI/DID to the operator for example.

2. cel

cel

No one likes that idea? I think it would be useful!

3. VictorSP

I think this functionality was on v12 but removed later. We cannot make one DDI and one Inbound Rule per user in large companies, using wildcards make 3CX deployment easiest.

Please 3CX team, check case nº 134490 related with this functionality.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. VictorSP

Just to clarify this situation, for example the ISP has provided to our customer a range of DDI (+34 91555XXXX) so they want to assign directly DDI to extension (ex. +34 915550001 ext 0001). Now in 3CX we have to create one DDI and inbound rule per each extension/DDI of the range. It's too much time to configuring them. It's easiest if we only create a general DDI/Rule +34 91555XXXX and PBX makes autoassignement to extension, matching last 4 digits.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Why not just create an Excel template and import via CSV on the Inbound Rules Page?
    This import automatically adds the DID to the Trunk.

Its not like you need to remap all of these every day of the week... Its part of the system or new trunk setup.

6. VictorSP

Using import option, how do you select the SIP Trunk which you want to associate the DID and Inbound Rules of the CSV? When you import Inbound Rules, DIDs must be just created on the SIP Trunk. If you have more than one SIP Trunk I think this option you comment it's not possible but I'm not sure, not tested.

7. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

yup... no problem. you do need to know the [port]. easiest way is to create a test rule - then export and see the value of the trunk [port] in column 5.

8. narkumas

narkumas New Member

9. Silly English Kniggit

Use a CSV is the way to go here. 3CX has options that rely on individual inbound rules. And there's always exceptions, which just makes things tricky.