Solved DID Destination for calls outside office hours...

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Randall, Sep 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Randall

I'm confused about how the outside office hours routing is supposed to work. I have the attached settings configured and have made sure that the system is using the default office hours. I've checked and set the system time zone and time. I can't seem to get the system to reliably route calls to the outside office hours destination. Am I missing something? Capture.JPG

2. Archie Frederic

Hi Randall!

I just wanna ask if you have considered checking the timezone of the server of 3cx itself? I'd like to inform you that the 3cx management console adjust its time to the current time settings of the PC you are accessing.

3. Randall

The time zone is correct from what I can tell. Date/time in the image below matches the local time here. Restarted the services and checked again last night and the outside of office hours message did not play. Something else I've noticed. When calling the DID, the system appears to only ring one extension in the ring group when monitoring the call from the console. The calls do however ring on the other extensions. Strange.
    DateTime.JPG

4. Archie Frederic

Base on your setup, once you receive a call on outside of office hours, it would go directly to your IVR extension. had you tried to configure the IVR? What should happen once it reach the IVR?

5. Randall

It's supposed to play the after hours prompt and dump to voicemail. Now that you mention it, it appear sot be just dumping to voicemail and not playing the prompt.

6. Archie Frederic

7. Randall

Archie, saw that. Not sure what I'm missing.

8. Archie Frederic

Can you upload the picture of the configuration of your IVR? I cannot distinguish if there is a problem with the IVR itself.

9. Randall

I've attached a shot of the IVR settings.

Attached Files:

• IVR.pdf
      File size:
      95.4 KB
      Views:
  10. Archie Frederic

Kindly adjust "If not input within seconds" below the "Destination for no or invalid input" depending on how long your message was then if this would not be fix let's look deeper at this issue. thanks.

11. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Randall

As i see you have configured the out of office hours to an Inbound rule of a DID. What happens if you configure the out of office hours under the main trunk number? Does that work? Do you have multiple DID's? Can you see where the call is routed from the call logs?

12. Randall

I'm daft but have it sorted. The trunk in and out of office rules were taking precedence. Something about Archie's last reply tripped something in my head and lead me to the trunk settings. Thanks all.

13. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad the issue is solved. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.