Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved DID for Fax?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by msnyder, Jul 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msnyder

2. tim942

I typically create the DID in the gateway settings, and then assign it in the Inbound rules. Assigning via the device has been buggy for me.

3. msnyder

My fax extensions don't show up under Inbound Rules...

4. tim942

Lets take a step back, did you setup your phone system or did you have a partner/installer do it?

When you go to your Gateway Settings, do you have any entries under the DID tab? I cheat and use mostly wildcards (so if I have a list of numbers where only the last 4 digits are expected to be unique, i put *4200, *6000, *6001, etc.).

These numbers will now appear in "Inbound Rules", from there you can specify where they go (and give them appropriate descriptions, I use the full phone number as the name).

5. msnyder

I set it up.

I use SIP trunks, not a gateway, but yes, I have my DIDs there.

The DID do appear in Inbound Rules, but the fax extensions do not.

6. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Under inbound rules for "office hours" and "outside office hours" choose "send fax to" and it will show your FAX extensions as well as extensions that have email addresses on them.

Selecting a FAX extension sends the call to the machine. Selecting a regular extension with an email address 3cx receives the fax, makes it a pdf and sends it via email to the email address of the extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. tim942

Sorry, my gateway is now listed as a SIP Trunk too (I hate when things are relabled).

In your "Inbound Rules", do you have the ability to set a destination for calls?

upload_2017-7-28_8-56-6.png

8. msnyder

That works! Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.