Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

DID / Internal SIP-Numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Ati_, Nov 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ati_

I'm trying to give my SIP-Phones an own number which has been provided by my VoIP-Provider. Numbers start with 7771006*, currently the numbers are linked at the VoIP-Provider (Extension -> Internal SIP Number). So now I want this number to be linked to a phone of my 3CX system. Do I need to use DID (DDI) for this? I'm currently messing around with it but can't seem to get it to work. Desired situation:

Phone (Directly connected to the VoIP-Provider)
    -
    VoIP-Provider (Configured with internal SIP-numbers)
    -
    3CX Server (DID with the internal SIP-Number linked to an extension)

So I want to be able to dial '100' for instance and it to connect me to the phone with the SIP-Number where it's linked to. Do I need to set anything in the phone configuration or something? Now I just have the phone linked to an extension (Everything works fine, external and internal calls) and the extension linked to a DID Number which is the Internal SIP-Number of my VoIP-Provider. The VoIP-Provider got the SIP-number linked to an extension so they call this number when the phones that are directly connected to the VoIP-Server call that SIP-Number. Hope I made myself clear :p

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Well, the phone is connected directly to 3CX, is it not? 3CX would be connected directly to your VoIP provider.

Your VoIp provider should send the DID numbers to 3CX, it is up to you to tell 3Cx to send a particular number to a particular extension.

Yes, in 3CX the DID gets to an extension

If ext 100 is within 3CX, an extension dialing that will ring the other (100) extension, the call stays within 3CX and does not use a DID trunk. If you want a call to go elsewhere when dialing 100, then that extension cannot exist within 3CX. You would then have to create an outbound rule to send the call on a trunk outside 3CX. The outbound rule can change the digits to whatever you wish before sending them out.

Not really, I think,maybe, that you mean that when a set is registered directly to the provider, it works, but not (yet) through 3CX, is that correct?

Do a search on the 3CX site for setting up DID trunks.

3. Ati_

Thanks for helping again Leejor.

I now configured the outbound quickdail numbers into my outbound rules and it all works like a charm! I've also found out how to link a SIP-Number to a extension, don't know if I'm doing it the right way though. I first go to the extension and click on the 'Other'-tab. Here I have the option to fill in a SIP ID and this seems to work when trying to call it, don't know if it works with external lines cause I'm having troubles with that at the moment. I'll try to fix that first before going on with this topic, thanks for the help :)

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, the SIP ID is used for direct SIP calls (calls sent to your domain or public IP with only the Direct SIP number). There is also an option in the main settings (sorry don't have 3CX access in front of me), where you put in your domain, to allow direct SIP calls. DID numbers are different.

5. Ati_

My VoIP-Provider is now setup with alot of SIP-numbers which should be attached to a phone. Now I want to attach this SIP-Number 7771006**** to a certain phone and I want an outside number to be able to phone this number 7771006****. So is this possible with DID or do I need to use Direct SIP-Calling. (http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/direct-sip/) I got Windows 7 installed on my server at the moment, so I really hope there is another way to do this. Thanks in advance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.