DID Label and Prepend Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ntrantham, May 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ntrantham

Currently we have several inbound DID's, and like a lot of other users on here we have multiple companies under one roof, and we answer the phone differently depending on which company is being called.

That being said. We do currently have different ring groups\queues set up for each DID, and we do have the option to Prepend the Group Name and DID to the caller ID.

The problem is once a call is parked in shared parking the Group Name is removed from the Caller ID. It still leaves the DID.

We would like to be able to re-write the DID to be a name instead of a number. It would be difficult at best (especially for a new person) to remember every phone number we have, and what company each number belongs to.

If we could re-write the DID to be a name instead of a number this would solve the issue. Since even when parked the CallerID would still show the company name that was called. At this point it would not even be necessary to prepend the Group Names anymore, just the DID.

Does anyone know if this is possible, or would this be a feature request?

Something like on the Create DID screen, Prepend This text string to the CallerID:

Our current Voip Provider has a Prepend CallerID field for each DID and we are looking at possibly using this if 3CX will not support it. (Then we would not need to have 3cx modify the callerid at all.)

2. ntrantham

It is worse then I originally thought.

I ordered a new phone to test with as the old Grandstreams would not work with Shared Parking correctly. I now have a YeaLink T28.

The problem we have is once a call is transferred to Shared Parking the caller ID shows as SPx (whatever parking orbit it was parked in.)

As we answer calls for multiple companies, I need the caller id information to remain with the call even after the call has been parked into one of the the Shared Parking Orbits. How do we accomplish this?

Norman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.