DID not ringing through to extension.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hogan71088, Jan 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogan71088

Hi All,

Having an issue with a DID that is not ringing through to an extension I have set up.

I have two SIP lines configured in 3CX. With two DID numbers, each number rings an individual extension. The first number rings through to the extension perfectly but the second sounds like it is a foreign ringtone and says 'record your message and then press pound'.

Not sure where I am going wrong as the settings are exactly the same for each SIP line.

Also just to note, the PBX has registered both lines with the SIP provider. The SIP provider says the issue is with the PBX.

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

OK, when you call the second DID, in the Management Console, in System Status -> Ports/Trunks do you see the call show up there as connected. Just to be sure that this foreign voice is something on the 3CX box.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can also check the Server log, right after a call attempt. That will show (if the call came in), where it routed to, and why.

4. hogan71088

OK thanks for pointing me in the right direction. The call is definitely coming through to the PBX, the status changes to connected and I can see the call had been coming through to an extension that was not online. Not sure how I missed that. Thanks for the replies much appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.