DID number display and Virtual PRI Lines

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mveekay, May 25, 2007.

1. mveekay

Hi,

Please explain the situations:

1) I would like to buy one Virtual PRI bi-directional lines from MCI Telecom and connect to 3CX? Is it possible to to that?

2) I set up voicenetwork.ca for outgoing lines and assigned a DID'd for different extensions. When the outgoing call originates from these extensions, the receiving end is not displaying that assigned DID number and displays only the CallerID of outgoing lines of Voicenetwork.ca.

I want atleast one assigned DID as go as Caller IF when call originates from extensions?

Please explain and help us.

Thanks.

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

I cant comment on the MCI telecom virtual lines. If they are physical lines, you will need a VOIP gateway such as a Patton.

In regards to your question about Caller ID - most providers do not allow the caller ID to be set to a custom value. This is because of legal reasons. The ones that do control it themselves, i.e you have to contact them to ask for the Caller ID to be changed to something else. There is one provider, Telasip, that allows caller ID to be set via the Remote party ID field.