DID Numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

How do I add DID numbers-these numbers are only for incoming calls- and route them to specific extensions?

2. 3CXsupport

3CXsupport New Member
    3CX Staff

Hi,

Thank you for your interest. The upcomming beta 2 will be able to handle incomming calls. Infact we have already had sucessful tests.

You can get an account with a VoIP provider and add that as a line to your PBX server. These are refered to as 'VoIP Providers' and their repective 'lines' in our software (each line is an account with your VoIP provider). You can then route incomming calls to any extension or even ring group.

If you go on our 'Line Management' Page you can see on the (far) right hand side the extension / ring group to which the incomming calls will be routed. Further more please note you can even configure 'office hours' for your line and have calls routed alternativly according to a user defined schedule.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

You can handle DID numbers via the VOIP Gateway. You would have to get a VOIP Gateway that can recognize the DID numbers, and then be configured to route the DID numbers to the appropriate SIP extension. Do you have a VOIP Gateway yet?

4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Nick,

I don't have a VOIP Gateway but I would like to use SIP service providers.
    The DID providers can forward the DID numbers to SIP URIs. Is this supported?

Alex

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

yes this should be possible. Essentials you would setup each DID number as an incoming line and then you can configure per line to which extension you want it routed. If you could let us have more information about the server we can check it out in more detail. But in essence, you would setup an inbound line VOIP provider for each DID line....