did numbers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Anonymous, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Question, my service provider is commpartners.us, i get my did# from my isp provider who uses commpartners.us. I have a telephone answering service trying to use voip. I have appox 200 customers. they all would need there own did#. The customer would call forward there phone# to my did# whic would ring into my office voip. I need to be able to identify each of my customer who calls into my voip. From what i have read on your forum it sounds like this might work. Can you advise me if this is possible using your software. thanks, jim

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

DID

Yes this should work just fine. You would need to create a line for each customer and assign the DID to that line. You can then configure what to do with that incoming call -make it go to a digital receptionist (in beta 3), to a particular extension or whatever...

You will need a VOIP gateway though with support for DIDs. I suspect the configuration of the gateway will be quite complex so i recommend buying the gateway from a company that can install it for you.

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

correction

Sorry i misread some of your text. If you are using an ISP, then each line will be a VOIP provider line and there will be no need for a VOIP gateway.