Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

DID passed as part of SIP String

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by chrisneal, Jul 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chrisneal

I have a SIP provider I am trying to test with.. Instead of Registration they are sending the DID number as part of the SIP URI

Example 8125551212@10.0.0.1 How can I get these to accept and then map them as DID to the proper extension?

Any Ideas?

2. thenua

Hi chrisneal,

I'm not sure I fully understand your Post.

I think you are saying that you have observed the string "8125551212@10.0.0.1" appearing in the incoming Invite message from your external SIP provider.

I am grappling with this problem at the moment.

If so, then you really need to follow Chapter 8 of the current 7.1 System Manual.

Essentially, I understand :
    • 1. the SIP provider needs to pass the data (i.e. the DID number being used) which in your case appears to be happening;

2. you need to identify in which field the SIP provider is passing it to the 3CX;

3. you then configure 3CX to then look at that field and based on presence (or otherwise) of the required string (...in your example 8125551212), route the call to a specified extension or call group.

Since the answer to 1 and 2 varies from SIP to SIP, there is no "fixed answer" to your question.

There are two FAQ documents I found that may help (refer "Source Identifiction Issues" and "Configuring DID" :

And also a previous post here from dominicbatty who appears to have got it working :

If the SIP provider does NOT pass the DID (in step 1 above), then it becomes trickier. One fall-back is to enroll with the SIP provider multiple times (i.e. have multiple accounts) and assign a required DID to each account. Then "in bound" calls to the 3cx can be routed based on which account they call came from. Its a bit sloppy and relies on you being able to align your DIDs with different accounts which may not be possible if they are already allocated and in use. But it does work well as a fallback approach where the DID is not sent by the SIP provider.

Probably not the simple answer you were hoping for. But hope that assists anyhow.

Cheers
    thenua

3. chrisneal

Thanks.. I was able to get this to work.. thanks for the link...

4. Bob Denny

Bob Denny New Member

Would you mind sharing the solution? If it's too complex, a post with the link that ended up having the solution would help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.