• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

DID problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

HJK

Customer
Reaction score
HI,

we have a problem with our DID numbers routing to the right extensions.
I have read the forum intensively, but could not find the answer I need.

I read the manual, about troubleshooting DDI and there it says to look at the login, searching for the string: incoming call from

this is what I get:
21:36:16.970 CallCtrl::eek:nIncomingCall [CM503001]: Call(1): Incoming call from xxxx320226@(Ln.641144@Phonedata) to [sip:[email protected]:5060;user=vmail]

so I'm calling with my mobile phone xxxx320226 (put some x in, for private reason! ;-) ) one of my DID numbers, but my to shows something completly different
[sip:[email protected]:5060;user=vmail]

it is showing where my called is routed to! 101, which is right. but I need the number there, what is called, right?

Is this something, I can change or fix? or do you have to contact my voip provider??
btw: we have a paid registered version (the latest build of 6)

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Harjo Kompagnie

can anyone point me in the right direction?

You might try shortening the string on your DID's perhaps (remove the area code).

Your post wasn't entirely clear as to what the issues was otherwise - are you saying that if you call a particular DID number it doesn't route to the correct extension?

I allready shortened the DID string!
but the problem is that I tottally do not see the called number in the log!!.

if I add a DID number(s), ALL the numbers that I call, will route to the last DID line (with that extensionnumber)

I see in the 'to', to which extension the call is routed, but I should see the called number there also, right??

DID numbers have to be inserted into the invites by your VoIP providers. This can be done differently per provider. if you use a supported provider then you should be good to go but if not then you might need to edit your voip provider configuration to insert the DID numbers in the right SIP field. Do you have a technical support contract? If so please open a support ticket and send the server status log and we can give you pointers.

Install wireshark on your 3cx server and capture the SIP INVITE from your VoIP provider. WHen you drill into that message you should be able to determine where (if at all) they are putting the DID. THen you need to do as Nick explained and map the proper field in 3CX. But I would agree with him you would probably want a little tech support so you dont break your VoIP line all together.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.