Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

DID Routing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by stef80, Jan 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stef80

We have a small issue with DIDs.
    We have a DID provider that is currently peered with our PBX, we route the providers DIDs with an inbound route to our extensions.
    My issue is that one of the extensions has its own elastix box and that box needs to route the DIDs to its own extensions, but the header only shows the first PBXs extension number and not the DIDs that we have routed to that extension.
    Please help?

Kind Regards

2. stef80

There is only 1 PBX connected to our PBX.
    If I route a DID to an extention, the incoming call will ring on that extension, but what if the extension is a pbx? and that PBX needs to route the DIDs to its extensions?
    How do I configure the first PBX to send the DIDs through the extension so that the other PBX can route the DIDs?

Kind Regards

3. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Dear Stef80,

Could you please give us more information about your connectivity? Did you create a trunk on Elastix and an extension on 3CX phone system and then you registered your Elastix PBX (trunk) to 3CX PBX (extension)?

4. stef80

I have my "VOIP Provider" trunk configured on 3CX system. I have a trunk configured between the 3CX and my branch PBX which is elastix. And i have my phone extensions behind elastix. so the call flow will be Phone Extionsion > Elastix > 3CX > VOIP-Provider

the trunk is up, but i have no call working. in the 3CX, while defining "Inbound rules" in the destination field of inbound rules, you can only select "Extension, fax, forward to outside number" but there is trunk visible, means you can forward the call to either extensions, or to an outside number, but not to a trunk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.