DID Selection for Outbound rules

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by iossi01, Feb 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iossi01

Hello

I have a SIP Trunk with 10 DIDs.
    I've defined an outbound rule and I want it to call with one of the DIDs.
    The call goes out with the default DID from the Sip Trunk.

How can I set a specific DID for the selected Outbound rule ?

Thank you

2. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

Some SIP providers don't allow this. My Nextiva cannot get this to work, while flowroute has no problems.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

As far as I know you can set the default Caller ID number for the SIP trunk, but there is no such setting for an outbound rule. This cannot be done.

I think what jimbo59 is commenting on is whether you can configure your SIP trunk with a default caller ID that is not in the SIP carrier's inventory. That is completely true, some carriers restrict the DIDs you can use.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jimbo59

jimbo59 Member

You can make each extension give a different caller ID if you want, but as I said my Nextiva only allows the main number. The other numbers ring in, but outbound they only take the main trunk number. I guess I could setup 4 trunks with one number per trunk if I needed but for this customer it's not needed.

5. complex1

complex1 Active Member

@iossi01,

Off cause it is possible to use the 10 DID numbers to calling out, but only if your provider allows it to do.
    One outbound rule is sufficient.
    You only have to add the “OriginatorCallerID” to the SIP Trunks Outbound Parameters and place the 10 DID numbers in the Extensions “Outbound Caller ID” fields of the 10 extensions.

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

Answering the actual question here... you currently can not do as requested in the Outbound Rules - although there is a IDEA in the queue:
    https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/ability-to-set-a-caller-id-for-outbound-calls.42840/
    and a duplicate of sorts:
    https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/independent-e911-cid.51730/

7. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

I've never used a SIP trunk that only allowed one outbound caller ID. Strange. In any case, it is true that you can set each extension with their own outbound caller ID. If you want to change your outbound caller ID on-the-fly based on who you are calling -- perhaps you are calling a customer in a different state, and want your caller ID to be a local number, or perhaps you want to call in behalf of a customer (outbound call center for many clients), you can use our new VoIPTools add-on named "3CX Caller ID". It makes it simple to change your caller ID by selecting a customer name, region, or specific DID. It will temporarily change your extension's caller ID. Then you can revert back to your default simply by pressing the "revert" button.

#7 voiptoys, Feb 12, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2018
  8. apostolis_3CX

apostolis_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

At the moment this is not possible with the current feature set of 3CX, selecting the Caller ID you are going to present with 1 single Trunk. With 2 Trunks or more this would be possible, as you can select which Trunk you re going to use with a prefix, then for each Trunk have the default Caller ID you want to present. In order to have multiple caller id's more than one trunks are required. Kindly review the following link which has such an example: https://www.3cx.com/docs/multiple-outbound-caller-ids/

What you can do, with only 1 SIP Trunk present, is assign to each extension one specific DID for Outbound calls.

Please note that these changes are VoIP provider specific.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.