Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Different Caller ID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jspicard, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jspicard

Hi!

I'm presently testing 3CX V14.

Is it possible to have different company Caller ID?

We have a 1 SIP trunk but we have 3 different company inside our wall (MNBAQ, FMNBAQ and MCChef).

I've tried putting the company name in Extension, Other, Outbound Caller ID. When I've done that, when placing a call, it's written "Private Caller" on the destination phone.

Any idea?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Before you spend some time changing settings to try to get this to work, confirm with your provider, that they allow it. Some do and some don't. In some cases it is not permitted due to laws within certain countries.

That fact that the call is showing as Private, when you attempt to change the number, would suggest to me, that they do not permit the number to be changed, and are sending Private because the number they get from you does not match what is assigned to the line.

As I say, confirm with them, before you waste time trying to do something that is not possible.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.