Different dial tone based on connection

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by justin, Jul 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. justin

Is it possible to have a different dial tone based on where the call is going?
    What I mean is that I have rules set up so that any numbers starting with 5, 7 or 9 (local numbers) go through the VOIP service but if they press 0 then the number the call will be routed thru the PSTN adaptor. Is it possible to have the dial tone change once 0 is pressed so you can hear audibly where the call is going?

I don't think it is (I haven't seen any options) but it would be handy.

2. Henk

Henk Member

You should be able to change the dial tone on your ATA.

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. justin

I can change it on my ATA (I have a PAP2 and SPA3102) but that only affects the unit connected to it, regardless of if the line is going thru a VOIP channel or PSTN channel. So if I change the setting on the SPA, if I make a call out from the PAP2 it has the dial tone stored in the PAP2, the only dial tone different is if I pick up the phone connected to the SPA.

Also, you'd probably have a better idea than me, how exactly does the tone command work?
    This is in my ATA:
    I know that the 350 and 19,440 are the frequencies it alternates between but what do the other numbers do?

4. francesco

francesco New Member

there isn't possible to change dial tone on 3cx

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. justin

I didn't think so but I thought it might be handy!

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

You can always add this as a feature request, though typically thouse would be an ATA's or gateway's job...

7. justin

ATA, no because that's just with whatever is connected to that ATA. Gateway setup in 3cx sounds like a better option.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.