Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Different Email Address for Voicemail then for Extension Contact

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Johnbenj, Aug 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnbenj

Version 15.5

Is it possible to use a second email address, different from the one associated with a user's extension, as the delivery location for voicemail notifications and attachements?

I use https://www.phonetag.com/ for voicemail-to-text transcriptions and would like to be able to have one email address for my extension/user but use a different email address which voicemail notices and attachments get sent to. I only see one place to add an email address per Extension and no separate location to indicate a different email address just for voicemail notifications.

For Ring Groups i see this note in the UI: ( Note: Emails will be sent to the users in this group. The Voicemail will be attached to the email and deleted from the group mailbox. No MWI will be sent) This makes me pretty sure that what i want doesn't exist and that in the case that a no one member of the ring group answers EVERYONE in the ring group is going to get an email. I think a preferred function would be to have allow one email per ring group so system administrators can direct the voicemail to the very best email address - not the default one associated with each member of the ring group,

2. DSXDATA

DSXDATA New Member

If you use outlook, you can create a forwarding rule for the VM's.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Johnbenj and accentlogic like this.
  3. Johnbenj

Yes, server based rules is a solution - but not really a top-notch or clean solution. It will be very hard to troubleshoot when the rules stop working for a variety of possible reasons. Thank you for your reply.

4. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

Not possible ,

one working solution is to create dummy / virtual extensions with the required info. Instead of using the user voicemail, you forward to the voicemail of the dummy / virtual extension

Not sure if this is true, the system only uses the email address to send the welcome email address. You could use the voice to text email address as the default, and change it when you want to send the welcome email

#4 Saqqara, Aug 31, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
  5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The ring group option is ok for you I think. why not? Did you try it? I would suggest that you try it because I think its close to the concept you described.
    You want each ring group to segregate the mails to a ring group email. Fine Helpful.
    But Instead you have a solution where the group is segregated with each call of the members of the group so you do not need to have an account with numerous access or make email rules to route mails to members. Its less work for you.

Yes - all phones rang. So they need to be cancelled and emailed.
    If no one answers, they all get a missed call because they all rang.
    And supported phones will show no missed call if the call was answered with the call answered elsewhere tag..

This is how it should work. Try it.. It might save you time.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.