Different handling of internal/ external incoming call by status

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by gn_Dennis, Oct 11, 2018 at 10:44 AM.

1. gn_Dennis

Hi,

we need a status where only internal incoming calls are being proceeded, while external incoming should being routed immediately to an IVR. At the moment we solve it by simple forwarding rules: "If I do not answer calls within: 1 seconds. Forward internal calls to:" *its own extension (again)* and "After timeout forward external calls to:" *IVR*.
    If an internal call is received now and picked up after let's say 30 seconds, of course there are 29 unanswered calls which is not embraced by our users.

To prevent this, I think of creating a call flow as inbound rule, filtering external calls for this certain status.
    How to distinguish between internal and external calls in Call Flow Designer?
    Any ideas?
    Thanks, Dennis

2. Trestill

Hi,

I think checking session.ani would be the simplest way.

Best Regards,
    Trestill

gn_Dennis likes this.
  3. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Just check the length of the session.ani variable. If you have for example 3 digits extensions, you can use the following expression to check if the caller is an extension or not:
    EQUAL(LEN(session.ani),3)

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    gn_Dennis likes this.
  4. gn_Dennis

After filtering over status and lenght of the session.ani, I transfer call to "RIGHT(session.did,"3"). Works like a charm for our setup. Thanks a lot.