• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Different handling of internal/ external incoming call by status

Status
Not open for further replies.

gn_Dennis

Free User
Reaction score
Hi,

we need a status where only internal incoming calls are being proceeded, while external incoming should being routed immediately to an IVR. At the moment we solve it by simple forwarding rules: "If I do not answer calls within: 1 seconds. Forward internal calls to:" *its own extension (again)* and "After timeout forward external calls to:" *IVR*.
If an internal call is received now and picked up after let's say 30 seconds, of course there are 29 unanswered calls which is not embraced by our users.

To prevent this, I think of creating a call flow as inbound rule, filtering external calls for this certain status.
How to distinguish between internal and external calls in Call Flow Designer?
Any ideas?
Thanks, Dennis

Hi,

I think checking session.ani would be the simplest way.

Best Regards,
Trestill

Reactions: gn_Dennis
Just check the length of the session.ani variable. If you have for example 3 digits extensions, you can use the following expression to check if the caller is an extension or not:
EQUAL(LEN(session.ani),3)

Kind regards.

Reactions: gn_Dennis
After filtering over status and lenght of the session.ani, I transfer call to "RIGHT(session.did,"3"). Works like a charm for our setup. Thanks a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boykins_54
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.