Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Different hours for different departments

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jes.amos, Nov 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jes.amos

I have a medical office that has 12 departments and there are at least 3 unique hours of operation for the different departments. The main reception has hours 08:00 - 17:00 mon to thurs and 09:00-15:00 fri, the Pain Management department has hours of 08:30 - 16:30 mon-thurs and 9:30 - 14:30 Fri, and the MRI department has hours of 11:00 - 15:00 monday to thursday. All calls are through the same DID and routed via IVR to appropriate call queues. Can I set unique hours of operation on the queues or is there a better way to route calls in a more advanced way? Should I be looking at Call Flow Designer?

over simplified Call Flow

Main DID->IVR->Queue 1 (main Reception) 08:00-17:00
    ->Queue 2 (Pain Reception) 08:30-16:30
    ->Queue 3 (MRI Reception) 11:00-15:00
    ->Ring Group (On Call Docs) 08:00-1700
    ->IVR 2 (Info) 24/7
    ->Ring Group (Administration) 08:00-17:00

2. vizualpro

vizualpro New Member

3. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

Each option in the menu will require an unregistered dummy forwarding extension. The IVR menu options will be pointed at these dummy extensions. There will be overrides that point the menu option at the queue during the specified hours, otherwise the call will go elsewhere (voicemail for the department usually).

Make a new extension. On the forwarding rules for the extension, set the destination if busy/unregistered to be where you want the call to go outside of the specified hours for both Internal and External calls
    upload_2017-11-24_14-2-56.png

All the way at the bottom of the forwarding rules, create an exception for *, set the hours to be the hours for the option, and set the destination to be the queue.
    upload_2017-11-24_14-5-26.png

sip.bg, Jes.amos and vizualpro like this.
  4. Jes.amos

That is definitely worth a shot. I'll see if I can make this work.

5. Jes.amos

This sounds like probably the right way to do things. Trouble is I have never used CFD and don't really know where to start. Maybe I'll look into CFD a little more before I go creating a bunch of dummy extensions.

6. Jes.amos

To Throw another monkey wrench into things, Occasionally they get behind and need to stay open later on certain days on a non defined schedule. Is there a way to route calls on an as needs basis rather than by schedule?

7. vizualpro

vizualpro New Member

I don't see a way to do that without CFD honestly but someone else may chime in with more information. But for instance if you wanted to setup your CFD to view the number of calls in queue and if after hours but queue has more than 5 people, continue to route as normal until queue is less than 5, that would be possible.

Jes.amos likes this.
  8. Jes.amos

OK Fine i'll look into CFD. I just installed it and my first thought is that it looks about as intuitive as the delayed choice quantum eraser experiment. Need to do some training before this will make any sense. Cheers!

9. vizualpro

vizualpro New Member

Please keep in mind that using the loopback trunk will utilize 2 licences per call, so if that's a concern it may be best that you use the extension method mentioned by @jbryant84. In addition to what he said, go into the options of each extension and select "Do not show extension in 3CX company phonebook" so you won't have them cluttering up your phonebook.

jbryant84 likes this.
  10. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

Good point, thanks.

11. Jes.amos

Th
    I'm not sure if that will be an issue. We have a 32CC license and only have 20 channels on the SIP trunk so probably not a huge concern the average load is 4-8 calls in queue and I've seen peaks of 18 concurrent calls.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.