Different IVR for when manually set "out of office hours"

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by infohit, Dec 8, 2017.

Different IVR for when manually set "out of office hours" 5 5 2votes
5/5, 2 votes

1. infohit

Let's say we have regular office hours between 8am and 5pm. Every now and then, the entire office can be closed during those hours for a teambuilding / meeting / whatever.

If we manually set 3CX to "out of office hours" by dialing the appropriate dial code, then incoming calls during otherwise regular office hours, hear the same "we're available mon-fri between 8am and 5pm" message as they would, if they would actually call outside of regular office hours.

The question is: is there a way to make 3CX respond to incoming calls differently, if it's manually set to out of office? Something like "we're currently unavailable, but we will call you back asap", so the customers wouldn't be confused? If there's no way to achieve this currently, well, here's an idea for a future version... :)

2. the60

the60 New Member

Why not just drop in a temporary .wav file with your greeting in place of the one one used by the IVR. Then, switch back to the standard greeting? Or, set up a "temp closed for event" IVR, and route your inbound calls to it?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. infohit

That's an option of course. But how do I make this simple enough for a secretary / boss, so they can just push a magical button? I guess I could write a script to replace the wav file on 3CX, or build a "voice app" to present them with a menu, which in turn would configure routing, but that seems somewhat complex for such a simple task, so I was just wondering if there's some clever way to achieve this that was already built-in...

4. the60

the60 New Member

Ah. Yes. I see your point.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...