• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Different outgoing DID numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristijonas

Reaction score
Hello,
how can i configure 3cx to allow different outgoing DID numbers? We do have one voip account with our voip provider (so cannot simply change outgoing routes depending on number dialed, etc.).
Using Cisco SPA504G phones. It should be possible to assign ext keys from phone's web interface, but then after fw updates, etc. it would take config from 3cx again.
Is there a way to do use different outgoing DID numbers depending on prefix dialed?

I think you would have to add the same account as a VOIP provider multiple times and then create outbound rules for each. Dial 8 and number for line 1, 9 and number for line 2, etc.

cannot do that. "a line with this authentication ID already exists".
Is there a way to have multiple outgoing DIDs without multiple accounts?...

I think then this would be a feature request, to allow specifying an outbound caller id per outbound rule.
Or perhaps give the phone multiple extensions and specify the outbound caller id in the extension. I know this is not ideal, but should work.

On the phone 'other' tab, you can specify the outbound caller ID. I usually set it for my SIP trunk users. Clearly, this won't work with analog. Having said that, I haven't tested it much.

In your case, you would have to set up multiple extension for each phone and call out on the line with the desired ID.

Note that this doesn't do anything for the Caller ID name. That is typically has to be set up on the SIP trunk provider.

setting outgoing DID in extensions "Others" tab worked fine, thanks!
Created another extension, configured it in SPA504Gs web GUI, looks like it works fine.
Just don't like this solution as after fw updates, factory resets, etc. i'd have to manually do that again..

could you not manually setup the config file to add this ?

I'm not familiar with the Cisco phones but I assume you can backup the config and then restore after a reboot/reprovision or put the config file into the provisioning folder on the 3CX server

Wasn't a problem at all if I only had one phone. We do have lots of them.

creating custom provisioning templates for each phone. does what i want to (and wastes 2 more extensions per phone), just wish there was an easier way.
thanks everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.