Different Provisioning options on different systems

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tripp, Dec 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tripp

Two systems both on Professional Perpetual 15.5.6354.2

Yealink T23G phones at both locations, different provisioning options

One system has:
    upload_2017-12-21_15-47-51.png

The other system shows:
    upload_2017-12-21_15-44-52.png

#1 Tripp, Dec 21, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

One is running on an obsolete template. Update the template on the second system and the additional options will become available. The template update should show up under templates.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  3. Tripp

do you know the path to those templates? I'm seeing multiple template folders

4. jbryant84

jbryant84 New Member

You can get the new template through the updates in the upper right. Template updates don't show up until you add a phone to an extension.

5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Also make sure that you are using the default templates and not custom ones.

6. Tripp

I tried copying over templates from the first system and borked my entire setup. The existing phones now show as "ASTRA" with no MAC address assignment.

Just finished getting functionality back. I had to manually provision the phones. The phones won't show in the Phones tab for assignment after resetting to factory. I have to manually insert the provisioning link into the phone's config page. Additionally, I'm seeing 2 "T23G" templates in the drop down. I manually have to configure each extension via the Phone provisioning tab.

7. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

There was no need to copy templates from a different installation as the management console will check for updates for newer version of templates automatically. The phones showing up as Astra means that the templates were not recognised and the management console defaulted to the first available template which is Astra.

Phones not appearing under the phones tab as new probably means you need to troubleshoot the servers ability to listen to multicast.
    https://www.3cx.com/docs/plug-and-play-ip-phone/

8. Tripp

I had updated the templates from the "Check Updates" function and I was not seeing the options that I was expecting to see as in my other v15.5 installations.

9. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

After you updated the templates did you try to provision a new phone or re-create an existing one? You need to do this as the already configured extension will not auto update. If that doesn't work it could be either a browser or cache issue so it is recommended opening an incognito tab from a supported browser and check from there

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.