• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Different trunk use different DTMF

Status
Not open for further replies.

mixig

Free User
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
Hi,

there are two SIP trunk on 3cx (v11). Some numbers are dialed via fisrt one, some number via second trunk. One is supporting rfc 2833 another one inband. Dtmf type is configued on the phones so there can be only one type od dtmf.. Can this issue be solved somehow on 3cx (define global dtmf for each trunk)?

Thanks

You cannot do it by sip trunk.

Are both trunks sip providers?

If one goes through a gateway can you adjust the gateway settings to handle the problem?

Depending on the particular (make of) phone (or ATA), they can sometimes be set to use multiple type DTMF SIP methods (using the correct one ass needed) or, to an "auto" setting. It may require some trial and error.

both of them are sip trunk provider, there is no any kind of gateway between 3cx and provider... now when leejor mention... grandstream (i saw in 1450) has ability for multiple dtmf... worth a try.. I am using yealinks and as far as I know, unfortunately, they don`t support multiple dtmf

If i remebered... on asterisk dtmf type can be conigured for each sip trunk individually?

mixig said:
If i remebered... on asterisk dtmf type can be conigured for each sip trunk individually?

Logically, if there were a DTMF type setting for each trunk (and I've never seen anything in 3CX), it would infer that the PBX is going to "translate" from whatever method that the set is sending, to whatever method that the provider wants. No?

leejor said:
mixig said:

Logically, if there were a DTMF type setting for each trunk (and I've never seen anything in 3CX), it would infer that the PBX is going to "translate" from whatever method that the set is sending, to whatever method that the provider wants. No?

yes, pbx is doing translate (i think), this configuration below is from asterisk, it has posibility to configure dtmf per trunk:

[46.19.209.10]
host=46.19.209.10
dtmfmode=rfc2833
dtmf=rfc2833

type=peer
context=from-didww
insecure=very
nat=never
allow=all

I'm not sure if this will be of any help... http://www.3cx.com/blog/voip-howto/dtmf-rfc2833/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matchofficees
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.