• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Different Voice Mail depending on DID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graham Hobson

Customer
Advanced Certified
Reaction score
I have read old threads that said this was not possible. We have a company that answers phones for 4 different companies (and growing). We have set all incoming to be answered by a single extension with the DID name showing so they know which company is being called.
The issue we have now is that how do we set up different voicemail messages to answer any calls not answered.
We have set up a different extension for each company (with a voice message) but cannot get the extension activated as we can only have one extension per phone. If we can just get the extensions activated then the voicemail will be emailed and we know by that email address which company it was.
We are currently using Version v15.5 - Any ideas?

4 Ring Groups with the single extension as the only member. Will need to change the setting to allow multiple calls to a ring group member and RG Name Prefix

Thanks for that
Have set up the 4 ring groups with single extension and set voicemail to the ring group extension voicemail. When I ring the number it just rings out and hangs up - no diversion to voicemail.
Where do I change the setting to allow multiple calls to a ring group member and RG Name Prefix?

Last edited:
On the screen where you define the ring group, at the bottom, there is a destination if no answer. While I applaud Graham for his suggestion, we do need to mention that the property he is proposing to set ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP=1 is considered "experimental" and you do so at your own risk. There are known issues with enabling this feature. That said, I have used this setting without any obvious issues.

At the bottom of the ring group page there is a setting for 'Destination if no answer'. That should be unique per ring group for your scenario.

Thank you to all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramishvohrw
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.