• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Different voicemail greeting for on/off hours

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Buffa

Reaction score
So I've seen similar items posted, but I wanted to see if someone can tell me a better way to do this than what I've seen. Running v15.5 SP2.
I know you can set up different extension statuses and have different greetings for those statuses, but I don't believe there is a way to schedule those statuses to change daily---for on/off hours, for example. I need a different voicemail message on-hours than during off-hours.

Here's the way I have set now:
During office hours, calls go to the operator extension directly. If no answer, I have that operator extension's no answer options all set to an IVR with the "daytime voicemail greeting" and then the IVR sends to the operator ext. voicemail where I have a custom "silence.wav" sound which is basically a second of silence I recorded so I didn't get the default message ("record your message and press pound or press * to reach the operator"). The problem is, even with no input minimum of 1 second set on the IVR and the minimum amount of silence I could record, there's still 5.5 seconds between the recording and the final beep to record the message which is obnoxious. ( 1 sec from IVR + 4 seconds to transfer the call from the IVR to the voicemail box + 0.5 seconds of silence I recorded)
After hours, it goes to the night IVR which does the same thing--sends to operator voicemail.
Is there a better way to achieve what I'm trying to do?

Thank you all!
Jason

Reactions: roy85
Hello @Jason Buffa

The first thing you need to know is that extensions can switch status automatically based on office hours. This can be done by enabling the option Auto switch found under extension settings / Forwarding rules. You can use custom hours for each extension of the default PBX office hours.
During office hours extensions are set to available. During break times extensions switch to Away and during Out of Office hours the extensions switch to DND.

For each extension you can set a different voicemail greeting for every status. You can do this by navigating to Extension settings / Forwarding rules and change the greeting option for each status.

So in your scenario you can have a greeting for Available and a greeting for DND so you can send the call directly to voicemail and "skip" the IVR so there will be no delay.

Reactions: jkperth
Perfect. I thought the Auto Switch just made sure the phone went into Available status during office hours (since that's all it says) and you would have to manually put the phone in Away status each evening. I will try that...Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.