Differentiating Rings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by McFired, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. McFired

I need to set a specific ring on a ring group and a different ring on when the extension is dialed to a phone. How can I accomplish this goal?

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

Not possible to configure ring groups and normal calls to have different ringtones via the console.

With Ver 15.5 SP4, you can specify a different ringtone for queues - have you though about changing your ring groups to queues ?

What model of phones, and how many extensions - maybe someone knows a work around

3. McFired

Where do you change a queue to have a different ringtone?
    Most of our phones are Polycom 650.
    We have 3 total Yealinks. 1 T46S 2 T42S
    Roughly 15 extensions

4. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

Have to be running ver 15.5 Sp4, it is under the provisioning tab of the phone

5. McFired

Yes, we are running the latest and I do see that option now. Thank you. Unfortunately, the phones in bulk are the Polycoms which do not allow that option in their configuration. We may need to consider upgrading phones.

6. McFired

Let me elaborate further.

So the way it works is when you call the office a ring group with 3 members are there to answer the phone.

If the phone is not answered after 20 seconds OR if all of the members are busy it rolls them over to a Digital Receptionist. The DR provides the caller with options. 1. To wait for the next available person. (this rolls them into a call queue. 2 to leave a voicemail. 3 etc. etc. If they don't choose anything it will rollover to a call queue.

If I exchange the ring group for a call queue the shortest time I can put if there is no answer after 20 seconds is a 15 second second queue time.

So how does this work?

1 ) A customer calls the office and the call queue picks up after 20 seconds. The call queue plays hold music for 15 seconds and THEN they get the Digital Receptionist?

If Yes, Then I could play an intro. However, I am assuming that after the intro plays it still puts them in a queue for 15 seconds before giving them options.

If No or other, is there a way to have it immediately go to the DR?

I'd much rather a caller get an immediate response from a DR with options instead of wasting their time for an additional 15 seconds.

#6 McFired, Mar 29, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.