• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Difficult setup, unable to see originate called id

Status
Not open for further replies.

shark95763

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I've got the following setup.

Trunk (incomming) -----> Digital Receptionst (plays welcome message) and after timeout of 0 it connects to extension 20.
BUT extension 20 is always (out of office) so it will directly ring my cellphone.. everything works perfect, the only thing i wont see on my cellphone is the originate caller id who calls me on the trunk. It won't display the caller id on my cellphone.

Am I able to solve this? Where and which settings should I change?

Regards,

Maikel

What caller ID are you seeing? What type of outgoing trunk (from 3Cx to your mobile) are you using? If it's an analogue gateway, you are out of luck, it will only show the number as assigned by your PSTN provider. If it is a VoIP trunk, then your VoIP provider has to support changing the outgoing caller ID.

Hi Leejor,

The outgoing trunk is not an analog line, it's a betamax clone voip trunk.
What it should do is forward the incomming caller-id to the outgoing line, just if it was a call-transfer.

Regards,

Maikel

Try the following:
In the outbound parameters for your voip provider (betamax) set 'User part' for 'From' and 'Contact' to 'Originator's Caller ID'.
Make sure that your provider is transmitting any caller id before that (some betmax providers require registering of IP addresses).

BR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davide.luppi
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.