• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Digit Receptionist, Multiple Extensions, 1 PSTN Line

Status
Not open for further replies.

harddrive41

Reaction score
I am currently having issues with my setup:

3CX 6.x
Linksys SPA 3102
1 POTs line

Right now I have 1 extension setup for test purposes. Everything is green, my extension and my PSTN line via the VoIP Gateway.

When I call in, it just rings and rings even though I have the PSTN line pointed to my softphone extension 2000 and it's up and registered.

I also can't call outbound? Not sure if I need to manually create all the rules?

I'm at a loss here.

After this is fixed, the plan is to create 5 extensions. 1 will be my current analog phone plugged into the FXS port. 2 will be softphones and 2 will be just vmail fowards from the Digital Receptionist. I lost on how to setup the physical analog phone as an extension? The rest I can figure out..but I have to figure out what's wrong with not taking calls at all and dialing outbound.

Any help would be great!

I did..to the T...

Hello,
Please read this post

http://www.3cx.com/forums/outbound-call-using-pstn-7771.html?highlight=3102

Thanks I will look at it again..but that still doesn't explain why inbound is not working? Would it be i'm using my Time Warner Cable Digital Telephone service that comes into my Cable modem? Isn't the cable modem just converting SIP to Analog going into my house basically just converting it to a POTS line?

Is this setup not supported?

RJ11 from Cable modem phone port to FXO port on Linksys SPA 3102. Analag phone plugged into the FXS port on the Linksys SPA 3102. Again..the PSTN Line shows Green status...very strange..

Ok...setup the exact way in the link, can use my Analog phone for dialing out that's plugged into the FXS line on the SPA 3102, but can't recieve calls on the analog phone. Can't dial into my softphone and can't dial out of my softphone?

Any ideas?

Hello,
Please start from factory defaults
(restore to factory defaults)
it's very simple
but if it did not work you have to investigate the problem or give me enough informations to help you

The first thing I did was restore to factory defaults and it's configured the same way as the poster suggested. I'm not sure what information your missing?

Here is the log for an outbound call.

My outbound rules are:

Calls to Numbers starting with (Prefix) 9
Calls from extension(s) 2000
Call Type Other Local Long Distance International
Calls to Numbers with a length of 7

Make Outbound Calls on
You can configure up to 3 routes for calls to go out on. More >The second and third route will be used if the previous one is unavailable. For each route, you can decide if any digits should be stripped and if any digits should be added. If you have configured a prefix, make sure to strip off the prefix. < Less

Route 1 PSTN Strip Digits 1 Prepend

Route 2 PSTN Strip Digits Prepend

Route 3 PSTN Strip Digits Prepend

Here are the logs when an outbound call is attempted:

08:49:41.375 Call::Terminate [CM503008]: Call(11): Call is terminated
08:49:41.375 Call::RouteFailed [CM503015]: Call(11): Attempt to reach [sip:[email protected]:5060] failed. Reason: Not Found
08:49:41.375 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503014]: Call(11): No known route to target: [sip:[email protected]:5060]
08:49:41.375 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503010]: Making route(s) to [sip:[email protected]:5060]
08:49:41.359 Extension::printEndpointInfo [CM505001]: Ext.2000: Device info: Device Identified: [Man: 3CX Ltd.;Mod: 3CX VoIP Client;Rev: 1] Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [3CX Phone 6.0.727.0] Transport: [sip:192.168.0.103:5060]
08:49:41.359 CallCtrl::eek:nIncomingCall [CM503001]: Call(11): Incoming call from Ext.2000 to [sip:[email protected]:5060]
08:49:30.906 ExtnCfg::updateContact [CM504001]: Ext.2000: new contact is registered. Contact(s): [sip:[email protected]:5070;rinstance=902fe157d8572b64/2000]

I did this post
I am sure it works well

change pstn port on 3cx server and spa3102 to 5061

Well...changed the port here is the new log entry..it appears that I can't resolve the stun server. Should I put the same STUN sever in 3cx as you suggested in the SPA 3102?

Thanks for your help.

It's local lan ,
you do not need stun server

"...it just rings and rings..."

Does it ever go to *any* attendant? i.e. if you set the extension to always divert to voicemail do you get voicemail?

If not, then the SPA3102 isn't talking to your POTS line properly.

When I call inbound..it doesn't even get here nothing rings. I have station 2001 setup and 1 PSTN both green and active. There is no log entry so it's like it never even gets to 3cx at all.

When I place a call outbound from softphone 2001, it beeps twice (Rings like dee dee) several times and terminates after that. here is the log entry:

20:39:36.187 Call::Terminate [CM503008]: Call(1): Call is terminated
20:39:36.187 Call::RouteFailed [CM503015]: Call(1): Attempt to reach [sip:[email protected]:5060] failed. Reason: No Answer
20:39:36.187 CallLeg::eek:nFailure [CM503003]: Call(1): Call to sip:[email protected]:5061 has failed; Cause: 408 Request Timeout; internal
20:39:04.109 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503004]: Call(1): Calling: PSTNline:7255835@(Ln.10001@PSTN)@[Dev:sip:[email protected]:5061]
20:39:04.109 CallCtrl::eek:nSelectRouteReq [CM503010]: Making route(s) to [sip:[email protected]:5060]
20:39:04.093 Extension::printEndpointInfo [CM505001]: Ext.2001: Device info: Device Identified: [Man: 3CX Ltd.;Mod: 3CX VoIP Client;Rev: 1] Capabilities:[reinvite, replaces, able-no-sdp, recvonly] UserAgent: [3CX Phone 6.0.727.0] Transport: [sip:192.168.0.103:5060]
20:39:04.093 CallCtrl::eek:nIncomingCall [CM503001]: Call(1): Incoming call from Ext.2001 to [sip:[email protected]:5060]

I see you change the port on one side
the port should be 5061 on both sides

also check the Line-In-Use Voltage and set it to 10

Did you reset your SPA3102 to factory set?
Do you have the mentioned firmware?
Did you follow the guide?

Ok..I reset the SPA3102 again, Confirmed the hardware is correct...followed your guide to step by step. I believe the SPA is setup exactly as you directed but what is the LINE 1 Port supposed to be, 5060?

On 3cx server, The PSTN Port is set to 5061. If I set the SIP port to 5061, then my extensions will become Not registered?

In 3cx what port should be for these settings:

1. PSTN - 5061?
2. SIP - 5060?

I have an outbound rule setup like:

Calls from extension(s) 2001
Calls to Numbers with a length of 8

Route 1 PSTN Strip Digits 1 Prepend

Hello,
in 3CX server gateways pstn devices change gateway port to 5061
in spa3102 pstn tab /Leave as it is 5061

Hi there,

Do you have a direct indial configured to direct a call? Sorry if I missed this information in your post above. You can find more information in the manual here http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXPhoneSystemManual6/phone-system47.html

Mick.

Well I have it setup the way it should be according to your directions, however, no one seems to be answering what port the LINE1 should be?

Also...I'm able to start the outbound call and then I see the PSTN go yellow and say connected but the phone i'm dialing doesn't ring and then the softphone just hangs up.

Again, here is my setup:

1 Linksys SPA-3102 Latest Firmware
1 3cx Server 6.x
1 Time Warner Provided Digital Line coming out of Cable Modem with phone number.

I have the line port out of the Cable modem plugged into the Line PORT on the Linksys SPA-3102. I have a regular analog phone set plugged into the Telephone port on the Linksys SPA-3102.

Software Setup:
Linksys SPA-3102 & 3cx setup per galal202's directions
Extension 2000 for regular Analog Phone
Extension 2001 for Softphone

Outbound Rules:
Calls from extension(s) 2001
Calls to Numbers with a length of 8 (Do I count the prefix digit?)

Route 1 PSTN Strip Digits 1 Prepend nothing

ISSUES:

1. Can't take any inbound calls at all. It seems that it doesn't even get to the Phone system. My analog phone will not even ring, however I can call out on my analog phone. I have it setup to go to the Digital Receptionist and to the softphone and they both don't ring as well.

2. When I attempt an outbound call from my Analog phone, it works fine. When I attempt to make an outbound call from my Softphone, it rings on the softphone client only but not the phone that i'm dialing too, shows connected in the Status with dead air, then drops the call.

Am at a loss at this point.

Thanks
Mike

I'll reply to this when i'm at home where I have a working SPA3102. Don't panic :)

I'll reply to this when i'm at home where I have a working SPA3102. Don't panic

Awesome..thanks!

Right, here's some pointers for the SPA3102:

LAN setup
- Ignore totally the LAN Setup page (set them to non-clashing things), as it's the WAN Setup page only that you want to deal with
- Ensure you enable the WAN Web Server or you can end up with a bricked device

Voice setup
- Disable STUN on SIP tab
- The Regional tab dictates the tones upon which your phone line works - I can't comment on your specific ones as I don't even know where in the world you live!
- Set Line 1 to not enabled
- Set PSTN Line to enabled, and set that SIP port to 5060
- Set the proxy on the PSTN Line to the 3CX server's IP address

Physically
- Put the POTS connector into the Line port
- Put the RJ45 into the Internet port

That should start you off.
Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
support-nsgp
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.