Digital Assistant - how to forward to an outside number

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by abacusadmin, Aug 3, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abacusadmin

Hi

I want my Digital Assistant to be able to forward to a particular outside number based on the caller selection. For example when the caller chooses an option the call is forwarded to the cell phone of the security guard. However I don't see anyway to do this in Digital Assistant itself.

What I have done as a work-around is created a Ring Group with a single random staff member's extension with a Ring Time set to 1 second and the "Destination if no answer" option to "Forward to Outside Number" and then set the outside number in that field. The Digital Assistant has this Ring Group as the option for the caller to select when they want to call the security guard.

This work-around is not great because after the caller selects the option to call the security guard and 3CX plays the prompt "Please hold while I transfer your call" they then hear the on-hold music while the security guard's mobile is ringing. What I want is for the caller to hear the ringing while the security guard's mobile is ringing.

Is there anyway to implement what I want to do without this work-around?

I am running v14.

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Rather than using a ring group, have you tried simply sending the call to an extension, that is, in turn, forwarded to the outside number? There have been discussions, on the forum about replacing the "Please wait..." recording with a ring-back tone recording .

post181073.html

3. abacusadmin

Thanks for the suggestion.

I just tried that now by setting a Forwarding Rule on an extension to call the external number if the extension is not answered in 1 second and setting that extension as an option on the Digital Assistant. That does work and behaviour is exactly the same.

Isn't there a better way to do this?

Also from the link you provided I can change the "Please hold while I transfer your call" with a ringing tone but regardless after that tone is played the on-hold music plays while the security mobile is ringing.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Someone else may have another suggestion to "get around" that music. What you could try in the meantime, is to use the Ring My Mobile at the same time option on the extension you are sending the call to. Because the extension would be ringing even before there is answer supervision from the mobile, there isn't really a "hold" period and the caller may hear ring-back tone rather than music (I don't recall trying this from the DR). the drawback with using this, is that you may have to actually have a set registered to the extension you are using. Again, I haven't tried doing this, so you will have to see what happens.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.