• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Digital Receptionist Access

Status
Not open for further replies.

smtharrison

Customer
Reaction score
I know I post about this often, but IVR's are probably my biggest issue with 3cx. What is the best way to allow an end user to change IVR's in a large corporate structure? For example, presently I create extension groups that allow me to assign a group user admin access to change user extension properties, etc. however, I can not add an IVR to these groups. As far as I can see, there is no way to allow a single user (say in Sales) the ability to change the Sales Digital receptionist without allowing him/her access to all of the others. I see that I can grant a user access to all IVR's. In previous installs, I was able to setup a dummy extension where the user would simply record a new greeting message and I had a script that would copy over that message and overwrite the IVR file, but now it seems that 3cx caches audio.

What do the rest of the users in the these forums do to allow end users granular access to digital receptionist configuration/recording?

My problem here is that typically I deal with a lot of let's say lesser technically savy folks that are responsible for changing their departments main IVR (the front desk lady for example). While yes, I can give her access, and train her to ONLY change her departments IVR, I do not want to risk giving her access to all.

Thanks for any feedback folks!!!

Hi smtharrison,

The ability to distinguish IVRs as editable and not editable by a user is not an option. Once a user is granted access to the IVR settings he will be able to edit all of the IVR currently present. Feel free to add your idea for upvoting in the Ideas section of the forum.

Using the Call Flow Designer you could create something custom pretty easily to make this dead simple for your users. It is also very fun to work with. If you need a hand to design something I am more than happy to help, or just post back to the CFD forum and there are plenty of people there as well to assist.

Thanks guys! @wsh, definitely interested. let me know your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.