Digital Receptionist and emailing

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by JustinRS, Jan 11, 2007.

1. JustinRS

This is the best PBX software i have tested so far and being able to use it in Windows is even better!! It is very easy to set up and the sound it very clear. Well done!

First of all, is it possible to change the digital receptionist to say "Hash" key rather than the "Pound" key? Or can we record our own and replace the files in the "Prompts" folder?

Secondly, I cannot get the box to punt on the email notification of voicemails at all. I have given the Voicemail setting the mail server's public ip address specified the port and its very own mailbox too but it just doesn't send anything.

And staying with voicemail, I can only hear 3 seconds of each message before the line goes quiet.......

Any help at all would be very much appreciated.

2. JustinRS

It seems that I have got the voicemails to be emailled to the right place by specifying port 25 rather than leaving it blank.

But the other queries remain....

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

HI Justin,

Thanks for your nice feedback!

Yes you can create your own prompts and replace them in the system prompts pages.

In regards to the voice mail length, is it OK if we address this issue in the new build? We hope to release next week and it will be easier to troubleshoot that build.

We will also check out the SMTP server issue

4. JustinRS

Hi

Been off for a while so only just had a chance to see the reply.

By all means address any issues in future builds, I'll have to see about the new build any implement it and go from there.

Many thanks