Digital Receptionist announcement playback is "fuzzy&am

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by oneobserver, Nov 28, 2007.

1. oneobserver

Digital Receptionist announcment playback is "fuzzy&quo

I have a new system installed in my home as a test system with Version3.1.2434.0 on Windows Server 2003 R2. I have one PSTN line hosted via a Linksys 3000 ATA, and 6 analog phones via Linksys 2100 ATA. The PSTN line is routed to a Digital Receptionist that I setup, and is working OK, except for one problem. The playbck of the announcement is fuzzy and fades out in spots but not always in teh same place and not all the time. When it does fade out it makes it hard to hear the options.

I have rerecorded the announcement a couple of times and am using the recommended PCM recording format. I have searched through the forums and found severl messages regarding poor voice quality on the VoIP calls and have implemented the priority upgrade that was recommend to solve that problem, but it doesn't appear to effect this issue. Voice quality on calls that make it through te DR are good, and do not exhibit the "fuzzy". Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

markh

2. Mirzab

Mirzab Member

Exclude the 3CX installation folder and all sub-folder from being scanned by your Anti-Virus application. Most will scan media files on access creating delay and playback issues. At least that was my problem.

3. oneobserver

No AV SW on this box (yet).

markh

4. jparisi

We had this problem as well.

Record the announcment in a voicemail to yourself, then when it gets emailed to you save the attachment and use that

Doesn't make any sense but it worked for us.

5. oneobserver

Re: Digital Receptionist announcement playback is "fuzzy&am

I tried doing the VM recording and it didn't make much difference. I updated to version 5 and it got better, but still fuzzes out occasionally. This is as solved as it's going to get...

markh