Digital receptionist audio quality

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by GeorgeW, Dec 7, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GeorgeW

Hi,

Why is the digital receptionist's audio limited to:

Format: WAV
    Channel: Mono
    Bit rate: 8 kHz
    Sample: 16 bit

I mean, when converting the original audio to these settings -even if it's a great audio-, the result sounds terrible when calling, like if I were making a call 30 years ago to a far country.

If the reason is memory consumption, I think you should leave that to the administrator, not all companies have the same concurrent calls and the same server resources.

Regards.

A. Post likes this.
  2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

This is a limitation of telephony standards, if call is coming from PSTN or ISDN line you will not hear higher frequencies or better sampling.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. DL_

DL_

It shouldn't sound 'terrible'. It certainly won't be Hi Fidelity but you should be able to do more in the conversion process to strip out background sound & hiss and change the dynamic range to get acceptable speech using those settings.

4. A. Post

If you can use higher end codecs such as G722 the audio prompts should be up to specs. The current maximum is not very impressive. So +1 for the ability for higher end audio prompt.

5. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

G.722 is not supported by most VoIP providers and not compatible with PSTN/ISDN/GSM lines/callers.
    It is normally used only for internal calls between extensions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.