Digital Receptionist configuration options

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mr Patryk Wojtowicz, May 17, 2018.

1. Mr Patryk Wojtowicz

Hi all

I am required to set up a digital receptionist that has a custom welcome message.

So we basically want to have a system that plays a welcome message to 10 DDIs and then forwards the call to the extension associated with that DDI. I might not be very techncial at this but see below.

Steps that will be taken during call
    1. Caller rings DDI
    2. System plays digital receptionist
    3. if DDI called = 0001 transfer to extension 1000
    4. if DDI called = 0002 transfer to extension 2000
    5. if DDI called = 0003 transfer to extension 3000
    The only way I have figured out how to do this is below

Setup digital receptionist
    unassign DDI 0001 from extension 1000
    assign DDI 0001 to digital receptionist
    forward to extension 1000

and I will have to configure 10 different digital receptionists, which is not scaleable. I do not want this in a hunt group either.

If anyone could help that would be greatly appreciated.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Active Member

No other way, except the way you are doing it now.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Most users have DIDs, or DDIs to be able to route calls directly to an extension. Adding a message before the call is automatically re-directed to the DID destination is not something normally done. You have found the best work-around.

4. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

You could build a CFD application that looks at the DDI plays the desired prompt, then transfers to the specified extension. You could drive the routing / prompts based on values you enter into a database. Then it's simply a matter of updating the database. One CFD extension could support zillions of routes.

Having said that, from a cost perspective, the labor to build 10 routes is far less than building a CFD. But if you have 100s of DDIs to route, then maybe it would be worth the effort.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support