Digital Receptionist Configuration

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by simonhc, Dec 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simonhc

Hello,

Is it was possible to configure the Digital Receptionist feature of 3cx to play a recorded message to the external number before transferring the call?

To clarify I would like to setup a digital recptionist to answer calls outside of office hours. It will give the caller the option of either leaving a voicemail or being transferred to an emergency callout service. I use a number of contractors who provide a 24hour service and I had planned to just forward the caller to them. But for completness I would like to play a message to them saying that the caller has come frome me before the caller is transferred to them.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Simon

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can create any message that you want and one of the options could be to press a number and then go to an extensions voicemail.

3. simonhc

Hi Leejor,

I'm sorry i guess i didn't xplain the problem.. I have setup a digital receptionist and it is working perfectly but I now wish too add a new service

The scenario is this:

My company manages commercial and residencial property, we offer a 24hour emergency service. To keep costs down we use various external contractors to provide the emergency call out cover outside of office hours. These contractors are sel employed and as such also provide this service to other companies. So at the moment I have a mobile phone dedicated to out of office hours emergency call outs. When it rings I have to take down the details and ring one of the contractors and arrange for them to visit the site.

WHat I would like to happen is the customer speaks directly to the contractor and arranges the callout themselves. Now if the contractor worked directly for me they would answer the phone as such but because they are independant they don't. This will confuse my costomers so what I would like to happen is the following:

Customer phones the company outside office hours with an emergency problem.
    The digital receptionist answers the call and gives the customer the option of either leaving a voicemail or being transferred to one of our emergency call out engineers.
    The caller presses the button for "Speak to Emergency Call out Engineer"
    The digital receptionist transfers the customer to the engineers mobile phone and when answered plays a message like "Hello Bob, this is an emergency callout customer from Simon's company, transferring you now...."

And then it connects the customer to Bob the Engineer who now knows where the call is coming from and can answer the call as per my requirements and can take the details of the problem and arrange to fix it...

I can get all of this working except I can't find a way to play the message to Bob the engineer before transferring the call

Any suggestions woudl be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Simon

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Playing a message forward, to the called party, is not a function currently available on 3CX. Identifying any call will have to rely on caller ID (be sure your companies CID is displayed, outgoing, not the callers, and linked to a name in the mobile phonebook), or, a third party add-on device, if available.

5. simonhc

Thanks, that makes sense... I have seen the feature of sending a message to the recipient of call forwarding before connecting the caller on other systems and hoped it might be on 3cx.. I guess I will have to come up with some other solution..

Just out of interest, how do you go about recommendeing a feature to the developrs of 3cx??

Thanks again

Simon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.