• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Digital Receptionist - delay before playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbergsma

Reaction score
Hi,
v 7.1.7139 on 2008 fully patched.

Sometimes -- the DR answers the call, but takes 6 sec to play the recording (the customer hears quiet).
The next call, DR will answer with a 2sec delay (possibly, my recording has 1sec delay at the beginning -- but the point is, the delay from pickup to playing the recording is substantially reduced).
The next call - ok again.
later in the day, it goes back to 6 sec.

I've tried
1) increasing memory
2) rebooting (and waiting a day or two)
3) not using day/night different answering message (in case only 1 recording was cached)

I turned off verbose logging (had forgotten to do so at the install).

thought 1: the call log is really big and it takes time to append to it. However, then all calls should have a problem, not just DR. Even so, how do we find/truncate this file.

thought 2: darned if I know

Any ideas?

thx

Dean.

What are the system specs? How many concurrent calls? Vmware?

Dean,

What is the web server? Is it IIS or it is Cassini?
If you are using IIS then what is the version?

Thanks

This problem is because the machine is working with other aplications. I was experience this problem. Is your machine dedicated ?. If the PC is non dedicated you can experience this problem.

Regards.

sorry, thought I had replied already.

it is running on a quadcore 2.0ghz, 8g system. The system runs file/print/AD and 3cx. It also hosts a hyper V environment. The only machine running in hyper V is a test machine running at 0% cpu and 1.5g of memory. I have had it turned off or on and it doesn't seem to affect the delay.

I think the machine has more horsepower than the datacenters I used to run 10 years ago.

I will leave off the virtual machines for now.

Available memory on the 3cx box is 4.5g (with 1 vm running), no paging, lots of disk space, and cpu is 1%

my last test had the delay at 15sec.

any ideas?.....

The time of re-register of your VoIP provider could be the problem then. Put it at 60

i hope your test.

We aren't using a voip provider. Using a patton 4114 analog to IP -- working fine.

again this morning, 15 sec of delay. If I phone back it is down to 1/2 sec (normal).

while it is happening, using resource monitor, the allocated memory is 1.8g (out of 8 ), the disk is 100kb/sec (less than a good internet download), the network is < 1mb, and cpu averages 2%.

So the box is not busy.

What would cause the DR to take such a long time to react?
Are there any known issues regarding this?
Does v8 fix this (I certainly don't want to go to Beta as my business runs on this -- but the current situation is untennable.).

Thanks for everyone's help.

Dean.

My experience is that the 3CX need a dedicated machine only with the PBX. When i was that problem, i saw that the cpu was at 5%, network 1%, etc. etc... When i put a normal machine ( not a big machine ) with windows xp profesional with PBX only, my problem dessapears.

The technicians saids me that if i had screensavers, time out´s in the machine, Sql, etc, etc.... The problem may be a driver, software or hardware incompatibility with 3CX. I don´t know wich is it, but if you change your machine how i said, are you sure that the problem dessapears.

It´s my experience.

Regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.