• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Digital Receptionist - Disallow Interrupt

Status
Not open for further replies.

joebocop

Reaction score
That subject line is poor, sorry.

The behaviour I am after is this:
  • - caller connects to our system, is presented with a digital receptionist which plays a recording "Hey, welcome to blah blah blah"
    - caller knows the extension of the person they are trying to reach, and enters it immediately attempting to bypass the friendly welcome message
    - instead of sending the caller to their destination, the PBX ignores their key presses, and finishes the DR message as usual, moving on to the next DR, as programmed, when it's finished
That initial DR is only 3 seconds in length, but we want it to play completely, no matter what the caller mashes hastily into their keypad.

Is this possible? I really hope so.

Thanks!

Hi,

Please try this: Go to the Custom Parameters, add a new one named "IVR_DIRECT_DIALING_GRAMMAR" and set its value to "[0-9]" (both without quotes).

Good luck.

Thank you for the suggestion, this looks promising!

Does it change the behaviour of every DR, though? What is meant by the value "[0-9]"?

Thanks again.

joebocop said:
Does it change the behaviour of every DR, though?
Yes, it does.

joebocop said:
What is meant by the value "[0-9]"?
You can only dial one digit 0 through 9, which mean you can only dial the numbers of the DR itself and not an extension number directly.

Thanks again for the help, this is clearly above my level of knowledge of 3CX.

As I am only interested in disallowing interruption of a single specific DR, the "IVR_DIRECT_DIALING_GRAMMAR" setting is a bit too blunt an instrument in this case.

Are there other "Custom Parameters" that I might be able to invoke to get the functionality I am after?

Surely there's an in-built means of preventing a caller from skipping an important message?

My thanks again for the expertise. Learning a lot here.

joebocop said:
Are there other "Custom Parameters" that I might be able to invoke to get the functionality I am after?
Sorry, not that I know.
Maybe other forum members can help you with this.

This is a great idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.