Digital Receptionist does not work with some inbound calls.

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by birmingham, Nov 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. birmingham

One of our installations were working for several months, but for the last few days, I've noticed that the digital receptionists seem to be inconsistent. When I call one of the inbound numbers, sometimes the IVR answers the phone and other times does not.

I was able to determine why the results were inconsistent. I found that the issue occurs consistently for:
    - inbound calls using an external Vonage VOIP service AND only when the caller's area code is the same as the phone
    number they are dialing (IVR works correctly for 1-800 numbers and those different area code).
    - however, if CALLER ID is blocked then from the same caller, then there is no issue. It looks like 3CX suddenly doesn't
    like the caller ID for some inbound calls.

The issue does NOT occur when:
    - using my mobile phone to test, the IVR correctly kicks in regardless of which phone number I call.

Hopefully this is not affecting many of our customers. Not sure if it's Vonage only, or if other inbound callers are affected also.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Digital Receptionist does not work with some inbound cal

Compare the 3CX logs of a working call and a non working call. Unless you are using the incoming caller ID to trigger certain "behaviour" in the PBX, then the number sent should not really make a difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.