Digital Receptionist DTMF

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sakib, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Sakib

Hi there.. on My previous post http://www.3cx.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=818 I have mentioned about Digital receptionist not working for external calls. I had a response from alexander (cheers for that alex). I would like like to followup my previous post that I found out 3CX has got nothing to do with this issue it is one of the greatest IP PBX I have used with a fast development (Thanks to the 3CX Team). The main reason of it not workin from an external call was my VoIP provider, which is SIPGATE and for some funny reason they do not provide incoming DTMF which is a shame. Please find out SIPGATE's DTMF issues at: http://www.voipuser.org/forum_topic_844.html
    And I would really apreciate if someone could tell me if there's any other SIP provider giving UK Geo numbers with a free signup. Hope to hear from you. Cheers.

2. mike_at_software

Hi Sakib,

Thanks for the pointer. It explains some of the problems I've been having with DR. I've tested it thoroughly: whatever Sipgate say, DTMF tones from them will not be recognised in 3CX.

Arrgh! - Time to search for yet another provider!

The post you linked to mentioned VoipUser and VoipTalk. Does anyone have any technical or support/service expereices with either of them, or with any other UK Georaphic number services which work with 3CX?

Regards.

Mike

3. Sakib

4. mike_at_software

Thanks.

I really should try to remember to spellcheck!

Mike

5. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Hi,

First of all thanks for your nice feedback!

One thing to remember is that codecs such as G729 and also GSM dont support DTMF detection. This is because the compression mechanism are not compatible with DTMF detection. So one would have to be able to use a G711 codec. You would use a VOIP provider that would allow you to configure G711 as the codec to be used at least for inbound calls.