• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Solved Digital Receptionist - External Transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthew Lidbetter

Reaction score
I am trying to get the digital receptionist to play a greeting message and then transfer to an external number (mobile phone).
Any thoughts

Configure destination for no or invalid input>transfer to extension, set up dummy extension with call forward all to external number?

Configure destination for no or invalid input>transfer to extension, set up dummy extension with call forward all to external number?
James
I have looked at that, but, I can't see a call forward all option in forwarding options.

under forwarding rules, set timeout to1 sec and option drop down to forward to number, that should work, test it

James
I do not have an option for forward to number only to extension - is it because I'm using the pbx edition ?
I need to make this work before I migrate from an on premise Grandstream system to Cloud based 3CX.

is it the free edition you are using? the option i stated in the last reply is in the pro edition im using, so if you are using an edition that doesnt support that option i am not sure you can do what you need to do.

James
Yes I'm using the free version to test.
That was the conclusion I was coming to.
Thanks for your help.

Hello @Matthew Lidbetter

Create a dummy extension and forward your IVR to it.
Then in the dummy extension settings >> Forwarding Rules under "If I am busy or my phone is unregistered, forward calls to" and select "Forward to number":
This is available in the PBX Edition.

I have it working - thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.