Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

dIGITAL RECEPTIONIST GREETING HELP

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by islan-guy, Apr 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. islan-guy

hi,we recently installed 3cx and have been using the system, however we have a issue, when a caller calls in the digital receptionist activates and the options are given to press 1 for sales, 2 for accounting, when the caller press 1, a voice says please hold while i transfer your call, then a very loud beeping sound occurs while the caller is waiting for the extension to be picked up. Many callers think that the call has been disconnected. Is there any way to change this so that there is no sound or music.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I would think that unless the call is waiting in a queue, the time before a call is answered should not be very long. Most calls to sets with voicemail will route that call after about 15 to 20 seconds. That being the case, there should be no need (option?) to play music. The recording that their call is being transferred (which you could re-place with another recording, but it will replace all instances it is used on the PBX), along with the beeps should tell people that they should continue to hold. It may be that rather than beeps, a better option might be ring-back tone. As is, I'm not certain that this is an option, but could be suggested in the 3CX Ideas forum.

I have come across many systems, that use a beep, rather than music to signify that a callers is on hold. Dead air (silence) would not be a good idea as that may have more callers thinking that they have been "dropped" than a series of beeps.

If I call a number I haven't called before, I would wait 30 to 45 seconds of silence, then hang up and try again. If I heard a beep, or some indication that the line hasn't gone dead, I will wait longer.

It may be that you should consider using a queue, if answer time is delayed to the point that callers are hanging up, it would give more flexibility in dealing with them.

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Take a look at the settings, PBX, music on hold settings. I am uncertain where the beeping is coming from.

It is my experience, once a caller has indicated their IVR presence, they are then presented with the "please hold....." message followed by MOH while the call is transferred to the desired extension and until such time as the call is answered one way or the other.

I agree with leejor in that dead air may be perceived as a dropped call.

kfisher@dlci.net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.