• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Digital Receptionist Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottly

Reaction score
I have a digital receptionist (100) set-up to accept 1 for extension 102, and 2 for extensuion 103. If an extenision is not answered after 10 seconds then I want Digital receptionist 101 to then play, which offers 1 to transfer to mobile 1 and 2 to transfer to mobile 2 or 3 to go back to Digital Receptions 100. However, digital Recptionist 101 will not fire up.

In Digital Receptionist 100 I have a timeout of 10 seconds with action after time out being "Connect to Digital Reception" and the Extension number of 101. The intention of doing this was if the extension selected in Digital Recptionist 100 is not answered in 10 seconds then Digital Receptionist 101 should get control - but this does not happen. The extension (102 or 103) keeps ringing for 20 seconds, and then a No Answer rule (set to 20 seconds) on extension 102 and 103 kicks in and the call is forwarded to my mobile. This is no good, I want the caller to choose if the mobile should be called (the job of Digital Extension 101).

Either this is a bug, or, the 'timeout' referred to on Digital Receptionist 100 does not work as I am anticipating (does not cover a no answer scenario), or...?

The 3cx version I have is the free edition (testing it before buying) v3.0.1928.0.

My Extension 102 has a SPA3102 on it (and has the PSTN line that calls come in on) and 103 is a Thompson ST2030 IP Phone - directing Digital Recptionist 100 to either extension gives the same behavior.

Any thoughts appricated.

Regards,
Scott

i have nearly the same scenario

DR 900 tell office is not open and after timeout he forward to

DR 910 tell if you have premium support press 8

if you press 8 you will be forwarded to 301 (virtual Extension) that call my mobile phone

when office is open it change DR 900 to 901 that tell you will get next free worker

and it works for me

you can test it +4921158009801

Hello scotly,

please go to general , support info, generate support info, and then send them to me on my personal email to test.

[email protected]

I will test this scenario as you have sparked my curiosity. :?:

Need to find out if this is a bug :!: or misconfiguration. :wink:

Digiyal Receptionist Issue

I have found a work around but shall send details anyway as my work around gives me a new issue.

Regards,
Scottly

I have tried to forward to another DR from 1st DR. Initially it didn't work, but then i realized that there was a problem with the name of the DR and it was causing the IVR service to give an error. When I changed the name, I managed to forward to other DR.

I just realized what you want to do. You must set the phones to 102 and 103 to forward to DR 101 after 10 seconds of not answering. And then you set DR 101 to forward to 2 other extensions who are forwarded to a mobile number. Make sure the mobile number also includes the outbound rule infront so that the PBX knows which gateway/provider the outbound call to mobile will use.

Let me know if this gives you the behavior you are looking for.

You got it

"I just realized what you want to do. You must set the phones to 102 and 103 to forward to DR 101 after 10 seconds of not answering. And then you set DR 101 to forward to 2 other extensions who are forwarded to a mobile number. Make sure the mobile number also includes the outbound rule infront so that the PBX knows which gateway/provider the outbound call to mobile will use."

Correct - That is what I want. I came up with your same approach after sleeping on it, but the little bugger still fails. I will have to get back to you in a day or two with more details - as soon as I can get the time to dedicate to the issue.

Thanks for your attention/advice, I will provide more info as soon as I can.

Regards,
Scott

That works just fine, have the same here but than only with one extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.