Digital receptionist keep repeating

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by danial0072009, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. danial0072009

Hello , i have a serious problem with Digital receptionist ;

everything with it works fine except when we try to dial an extension from a mobile for example i dial my DID +112312312... then then it goes to digital receptionist : " if you know the extension number please press it at anytime of this message , press 1 for sales pres 2 for marketing ...." then i press the ext num : 1100 Alex or 1200 Ali ; the digital receptionist will repeat the message over and over again and it will not connect me to that specific extension .

i have no idea how to solve this , maybe digital receptionist can not get one of the pressed digits by mobile phone , please help me .

2. mixig

mixig Active Member

If you are calling from some other mobile or mobile operator or land line is it working? It seems like DTMF issue...

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I agree with mixig, or, do you have a repeat prompt key established? I assume it possible that perhaps the repeat prompt key is a "1" and that perhaps you are not entering the subsequent extension digits fast enough (or the mobile service is inserting a delay) before the system has perceived the input to be the repeat prompt. If it is a "1",move it to a number that forms no part of an extension.

4. danial0072009

Hi , when i dial from a landline phone its working fine , but when i dial the extension through any mobile phone ( nokia , apple or samsung ) it keep repeating .

right now i have discover something , when i dial an extension the system will not receive the last digit , for example after DR message i press 1314 , the DR will keep repeating , but when i press 13144 the call will transfer to the extension .

If the problem is DTMF how can i solve it , i never seen an option at 3cx "DTMF" ,

thanks for helping me :)

5. danial0072009

Thnx for replying , i have checked but there is no repeat prompt key , even if they dial , wrong extension number , it will divert to a ring group .

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

OK, what or who is the provider of your service to 3CX? Is it PSTN or SIP, etc.? I would look at the gateway, your provider and lastly the cell provider as it looks like they may not be handling the tones quite correctly...just a little off. Given that there are literally thousands of installs and that landline calls and internal calls are all OK, it leads me to think that the issue lies just outside the doorstep of 3CX.

You have isolated the issue to being associated to cell/mobile use, is there only one carrier or are there several and do they all exhibit the same behavior?

3CX supports the array of possible DTMF formats available. If you are using a gateway, they usually have a setting that can be adjusted and you can then try. If you are using SIP trunking you might try "supports re-invites" and "PBX delivers audio" - toggle both so that all the combinations are tried.

7. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Did you run a wireshark to see the call flow? Is it SIP Trunk fed or POTS fed? If SIP trunk, see with your carrier if they are using RFC or Inband, while I don't care much for the latter, it usually solves this type of issues.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Many DTMF issues crop up when the dialling device sends a very short (fixed length) tone, as most mobile phones (along with most other electronic keypads) do. Some are obviously "worse" than others. If there is going to be any DTMF problem at all, the short tone (and possibly a bit of a low level) will find it.

9. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

I agree with Leejor, we have seen this issue especially with iPhones (short DTMF)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.