Digital receptionist keeps repeating

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Perry, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perry

Hi when testing the digital receptionist feature on version 9 I bumbed into following:

When the recorded menu plays, caller has option to enter an extension directly.
    This works fine. But my issue is with when that extension is forwarded to either an external
    or internal number it's playing back the menu while it's calling the other number.
    It will play the menu over and over again while calling that other number until
    that call is answered and both parties are connected.

Shouldn't it work like this:
    Caller calls in and hears the recorded menu playing. When he enters an internal extension
    and that internal extension is forwarded to either internal/external number
    he just should here that the line is ringing while the call is being forwarded(other party is called).
    He shouldn't hear the menu looping until the other party answered the call.

Is this a bug in version 9? Is there a fix? Or is this something that can be influenced by configuration options?
    I don't recall previous version 8 had this particularity.

2. Perry

The configuration up till now is pretty standard. No complex stuff.
    I use solely callcentric for in & outbound calls.

Anyone any ideas to get around this problem? Thanks.

3. Perry

I have latest servicepack for version 9 installed which didn't resolve the issue.

4. Perry

When I dial in from another callcentric.com account to my callcentric 1777... number it works as expected:
    System plays a notice telling about the transfer. While the other number is called
    I'm put on hold(hear music on hold) and the digital receptionist menu does not play in a loop.
    This does not work consistently though. Sometimes it doesn't play/I dont here the menu playing although
    it does except my entered extension.

When I call from PSTN to the DID provided by callcentric I still have the issue that
    while menu is playing and I'm entering an extension that in its turn is forwarded to either
    internal/external number the menu plays in a loop. By the way this also happens
    when extension entered is not forwarded. While I'm being transfered the menu plays in a loop.
    Over and over again.

Has anybody overcome this issue? Should I downgrade back to version 8? Does it even work in version 8 (can't remember)?
    Am I missing configuration settings?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.