Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Digital Receptionist - keystroke delay between layers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by barrym, Jan 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. barrym

Hello,

I have set up a hierarchy of Digital Receptionists : a top layer - press 1 for sales, 2 for support etc and sublayers below them. eg a sales receptionist press 1 for products, 2 for services, etc. and a third layer under services press 1 for serviceA, 2 for serviceB etc.

There appears to be a delay before the keystrokes can be entered. quickly pressing 211 at the top level does not direct the user to the serviceA receptionist. If I wait 3 secs between each keystroke, it works.

The reason I would like to be able to quickly key in 211 is because our previous phone system used ext's 201 thru 230. We now use 2 for the support digital receptionist. but existing customers are not waiting to hear the message that we have changed our menu system and need to press 7 followed by the ext number ( ext 201 is now ext 7201) so I would like to capture 201 and route it to 7201. I can do this via the digital receptionist by setting the 3rd layer down to ring 7201 if 1 is pressed but only if I delay 2-3 secs between each keystroke. Any way to remove this delay?

Thank you for a great piece of software.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

It makes sense to me. If it allowed for immediate key passing then you would never be able to enter a full extension at the beginning of the message (direct extension that is).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.